Turn on the computer and press F8 . A screen pops up prompting you with several choices for starting the computer. Select the option labeled “Last Known Good Configuration.” This is the date where all of your settings worked. The computer restores the computer to that working point. If this fails, go to the next step. If it works, you’re done
- Restart your computer, and then press and hold F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in safe mode with a Command prompt.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode with a Command prompt option.
- If you are prompted to select an operating system, use the arrow keys to select the appropriate operating system for your computer, and then press ENTER.
- Log on as an administrator or with an account that has administrator credentials.
- At the command prompt, type %systemroot%system32restorerstrui.exe, and then press ENTER.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to a functional state.
NOTE If you have not previously set a restore point in System Restore, you cannot restore your computer to a previous state. If you are not sure, or if you have not previously set a restore point, contact Support.